At Morgan Miller Plumbing, we understand how frustrating it can be to deal with clogged drains in your home. Whether it’s a slow-moving drain or a complete blockage, it can be a major disruption to your daily routine. That’s why we offer expert residential drain cleaning services to help keep your plumbing system running smoothly throughout the year.
What is Drain Cleaning?
Although the terms “drain cleaning” and “drain clearing” are often used interchangeably, there is a subtle difference between the two. Drain clearing typically involves removing a blockage from the drain using tools like a plumber’s snake or a hydro jet.
Drain cleaning, on the other hand, involves a more comprehensive approach. This method involves removing the blockage, but also thoroughly cleaning the interior of the drain pipes to prevent future clogs. At Morgan Miller Plumbing, we set ourselves apart by providing comprehensive drain cleaning services, rather than basic drain clearing. Our team of skilled technicians utilizes the latest tools and technology to clean pipe interiors more thoroughly than traditional methods. With our services, you can rest assured that your drains will be functioning as smoothly as possible.
Do I Really Need to Call a Plumber?
While small clogs may be temporarily resolved with DIY methods like a plunger, it is no substitute for a professional drain cleaning. Here are some common signs you need more than a plunger:
- Slow Draining: If water begins to drain more slowly from your sink or shower, that’s usually the first sign of a blockage. Drains on the lowest levels of your property are more likely to experience issues first.
- Foul Smell: A foul smell coming from your drain indicates that there is something trapped in your pipes, causing a buildup of bacteria and sewage. Your P-trap may have also dried out over time due to lack of use.
- Gurgling Noises: If you hear gurgling noises coming from your drain after use, it could indicate a blockage that is trapping air in your pipes. Hissing, bubbling, and trickling noises throughout the house are also commonly reported.
- Backed Up Water: If water is not just draining slowly, but backing up in your sink or shower, it’s definitely time for a professional cleaning.
- Multiple Clogged Drains: If multiple drains in your home are clogged, it’s a sign that there is a blockage in your main sewer line that requires professional attention.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it’s time to call a licensed plumber for drain cleaning services. At Morgan Miller Plumbing, our team has the skills and equipment to handle all types of residential drain cleaning needs. We are trained to quickly identify the root cause of the problem, and provide you with solutions tailored to your home’s specific needs.
Drain Cleaning Solutions
Whether you’re dealing with a stubborn clog in your kitchen sink, slow-draining shower or backed-up toilet, Morgan Miller Plumbing’s got you covered. With over 25 years of plumbing experience, our team of experts is equipped with the latest technology and techniques to diagnose and resolve any plumbing issues you may be experiencing, including a comprehensive video inspection.
After conducting a thorough inspection of your drain system, our team is trained to handle a variety of drain cleaning techniques, from drain snaking and hydro jetting, to effectively remove all types of clogs and debris from your pipes. Drain snaking is a common method used for residential drain cleaning. Snaking requires a long, flexible cable, known as a drain snake or plumber’s snake, which is used to break up and remove blockages from your pipes.
Morgan Miller Plumbing believes in the importance of preventative maintenance to keep your plumbing system running smoothly. Our residential drain cleaning services are not only designed to address existing clogs, but to prevent them from occurring in the first place. That’s why we offer routine, annual drain cleaning services to keep those drains flowing year-round. Regular drain cleaning also improves the efficiency of your plumbing system, reducing the need for costly repairs.
There’s plenty you can do to keep your drains in good condition as well. Here are some tips to avoid clogs and more expensive emergencies down the line:
- Drain strainers are your home’s first line of defense against clogs. A strainer catches food particles, hair, and other debris before it goes down the drain. We recommend them for all sink, tub, and shower drains.
- Avoid pouring grease down drains. Greases and fats solidify over time and are one of the most common culprits for clogs. Instead, make the effort to dispose of grease in the trash.
- Never flush non-degradable objects like paper towels or feminine hygiene products. There is no such thing as a “flushable” wipe!
For a full list of pro tips, check out our Morgan Miller Plumbing blog.
Why Choose Us?
Let us take the hassle out of drain cleaning and help you get back to enjoying your life. At Morgan Miller Plumbing, we take pride in our work and always strive to set the standard in plumbing for the Kansas City Metropolitan area. We believe in building long-term trust with our customers, and we do this by providing exceptional service every time.
When you choose Morgan Miller Plumbing, you can trust that you are getting the best quality service possible, locally owned and backed by 25 years of experience and expertise. For prompt, reliable, and professional drain cleaning services, call Morgan Miller Plumbing at (816) 765-4843.
Call Morgan Miller Plumbing
Give us a call at (816) 765-4843 to schedule your plumbing today!